Sebastien Buemi, driving for e.dams-Renault, has again posted the fastest laptime of the day during Formula E’s third test day at Donington Park.
Trading blows with Audi Sport ABT’s Lucas di Grassi over the three days of testing, he narrowly bested the Brazilian’s fastest time set on Friday by 0.063s with a time of 1:31.910s.
Reiterating what he said exclusively to Formula E at last week’s British Grand Prix, Buemi explained: “Today has been good and very productive but it’s not about trying to set the fastest time, it’s about getting a better understanding of the car and the different mapping settings. The car has been reliable all day and the team have done a good job.”
“We still have a few issues to work on but overall it was a productive session”, he added.
Fellow ex-Formula One ace Jerome d’Ambrosio (China Racing) set the second fastest time of the day with a 1:32.035s.
Lucas di Grassi (Audi Sport ABT), fastest on Friday’s test, punched in the third fastest time with a respectable 1:32.260s. He was fastest in the morning sessions whilst the teams were busy working on race simulations and set up.
Finishing just outside of the podium was Venturi’s Stephane Sarrazin in fourth with a 1:32.462s.
Michela Cerruti (TrulliGP) was finally able to enjoy some solid running after being plagued by reliability issues in last week’s test. Her fastest laptime was a 1:34.538s, managing to complete 22 laps.
“I’m happy with the work we did today. We didn’t have any special problems, the next goal is to concentrate on performance”, she reflected.
FULL TEST RESULTS
1. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:31.910s
2. Jerome d’Ambrosio, China Racing, 1:32.035s
3. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.260s
4. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, 1:32.462s
5. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, 1:32.495s
6. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, 1:32.671s
7. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, 1:32.809s
8. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, 1:32.858s
9. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.875
10. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, 1:33.165s
11. Oriol Servia, Dragon Racing, 1:33.844s
12. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, 1:34.249s
13. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, 1:34.538s
14. Scott Speed, Andretti Autosport, 1:34.871s
15. Mike Conway, Dragon Racing, 1:35.643s
16. Katherine Legge, Amlin Aguri, 1:35.936s
17. Fabio Leimer, Amlin Aguri, 1:36.184s
18. Franck Montagny, Andretti Autosport, 1:39.568s
Image credit: FIA Formula E