Sebastien Buemi ended the first official Formula E test day on top of the time sheets for Alain Prost’s e.dams team.
The first Formula E test is currently taking place at Britain’s Donington Park, which features a temporary additional chicane for the electric single-seaters. Running is taking place over two days, Thursday and Friday.
The ex-F1 driver and current LMP1 star set the fastest time of the day, a 1m35.475s, in the last hour of running.
In second place was Audi Sport ABT’s Lucas di Grassi, who took over the team’s testing duties after his teammate Daniel Abt departed to compete in the British Grand Prix’s supporting GP2 race.
Hot on heels of Buemi and di Grassi were Sam Bird (Virgin Racing), Bruno Senna (Mahindra Racing) and Stephane Sarrazin (Venturi Formula E), who completed the top five.
The second e.dams car put in the sixth fastest time of the day with Nicolas Prost behind the wheel, ahead of Jarno Trulli’s (TrulliGP) in seventh.
12.8 seconds covered the 19 drivers that had successfully competed a timed lap; the only non-runner was TrulliGP’s Michela Cerruti. The slowest six runners were over five seconds slower than Buemi’s fastest lap time, with the slowest time of the day being set by Katherine Legge of Amlin Aguri, who could only manage 1m48.296s.
The first day of testing was also notable in that it was the first dry day of running the full grid of Spark-Renault SRT 01Es had completed, with last month’s test at the same circuit being held in wet weather.
FULL TEST RESULTS
1. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:35.475
2. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, +0.537
3. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, +0.895
4. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, +0.910
5. Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, +1.223
6. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, +1.232
7. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, +1.494
8. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, +1.737
9. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, +1.970
10. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, +2.057
11. Franck Montagny, Andretti Autosport, +2.587
12. Antonio Felix da Costa, Amlin Aguri, +2.604
13. Jerome d’Ambrosio, China Racing, +2.611
14. Antonio Garcia, China Racing, +2.729
15. Nick Heidfeld, Venturi, +5.269
16. Mike Conway, Dragon Racing, +5.693
17. Gil de Ferran, Andretti Autosport, +9.497
18. Scott Speed, Andretti Autosport, +10.434
19. Katherine Legge, Amlin Aguri, +12.821
20. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, No time set
Image credit: FIA Formula E