Sebastien Buemi, driving for e.dams Renault, has finished the fourth day of testing at Donington Park at the top of the timesheets. The Swiss ex-Formula One ace has been the real pace-setter of the Formula E grid so far, with his fastest time of 1:31.083 being two-tenths faster than his rivals.
As such, he has finished fastest for the second day in a row, and on three testing days out of four.
“Today has been a very good day. This morning we concentrated on race pace working on putting in lots of laps and finding the best balance with the temperatures of the tyres and battery”, Buemi explained.
“We continued to focus on race pace in the afternoon, as well as qualifying runs. Credit again has to go to the team for giving me such a good car and the confidence to push and we’ll now see how we can improve for the next one.”
Audi Sport ABT’s Lucas di Grassi was again strong, finishing second fastest with a 1:31.282s. However, as di Grassi explained, this pace might not necessarily carry over into the Formula E season: “We are making good progress every test and every time I get in the car. We understand the car a little better but it’s difficult to do a lot of representative work in Donington compared to some of the circuits we will race on throughout the season.”
As such, teams were working on reliability and general car set-up, having completed a total of 840 laps over the day. Fine-tuning was not immediately relevant as the circuit properties of Donington Park are unlike those of any racing venue in the Formula E season.
Ex-Formula One ace Jerome d’Amrobosio (China Racing), second fastest yesterday, ended Friday’s test session in third position with a 1:31.651s. Scott Speed, testing for Andretti Autosport without a confirmed race seat, once again managed to achieve fourth place.
Sam Bird (Virgin Racing) completed the top five with a 1:31.895s.
FULL TEST RESULTS
1. Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:31.083s
2. Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, 1:31.282s
3. Jerome d’Ambrosio, China Racing, 1:31.651s
4. Scott Speed, Andretti Autosport, 1:31.810s
5. Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, 1:31.895s
6. Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, 1:32.080s
7. Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, 1:32.124s
8. Nick Heidfeld, Venturi, 1:32.126s
9. Jarno Trulli, Trulli, 1:32.479s
10. Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, 1:32.506s
11. Franck Montagny, Andretti Autosport, 1:32.512s
12. Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, 1:32.583s
13. Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, 1:33.019s
14. Oriol Servia, Dragon Racing, 1:33.083s
15. Juan Manuel Lopez, China Racing, 1:33.425s
16. Michela Cerruti, Trulli, 1:33.544s
17. Mike Conway, Dragon Racing, 1:33.692s
18. Katherine Legge, Amlin Aguri, 1:33.778s
19. Fabio Leimer, Amlin Aguri, 1:38.988s
Image credit: FIA Formula E